Hello there! Welcome to our Senior Graphic Designer job posting. If you're new to JessaKae, it's a pleasure to meet you. If you've been following us for a while—WE see you! Our goal with this posting is to give you a glimpse into our world, what we stand for, and what we're hoping to find in our next creative superstar.
JessaKae is a Utah-based, women-powered, size-inclusive, forward-thinking women's apparel brand specializing in making dresses. But not just any dresses—we create flattering, dreamy, and whimsical dresses that transport our customers to a world of fashion fantasy. We believe everyone deserves to be celebrated, and our clothing serves as the bridge between heart and style.
At JessaKae, our culture and commitment to giving back are at the heart of what's important to us. We work hard, laugh often, and never take things too seriously, fostering an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued. We've won awards for being the best women's clothing company in the state, and we're highly competitive with a passion for winning. By joining our team, you'll contribute to making a positive impact on the world around us through local and larger initiatives.
Our Team—We're lovers of chocolate, picnics, flowers, and fabulous dresses. We thrive on creativity and inclusivity, believing that breaking barriers and driving change can only happen with the right team. Our team is our family.
At JessaKae, we're in top percentile for fastest-growing companies in Utah, offering ample room for our Senior Graphic Designer to evolve and grow with us. We believe in always fine-tuning your craft, so if there are certain areas of education you want to obtain or conferences you wish to attend, we're very accommodating.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Just like we make dresses for everyone, we want anyone and everyone to feel welcome to apply. We hire based on skills, fit, and heart. Everyone is welcome to join our creative family.
1. Graphic Design (professional proficiency): Are programs like Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.), InVision, Sketch, Figma, Procreate, and Wacom your jam? Do you have a drool-worthy Dribbble or Behance profile? We appreciate the Canva pros out there, but we need someone who can create magic from scratch.
2. Typography & Copywriting/Content Creation (professional proficiency): Design and Type go hand in hand. We're looking for someone who understands what typography pairs well with others and can build a style guide based on those pairings. As for copywriting, it complements the design. We need someone who can nail our brand voice, incorporate humor when needed, and maintain the essence of a luxury dress brand. Although AI technologies are all the rage these days and can make copywriting easier, we'd love someone with inherent skills to do it on their own as well.
3. Social Media Savvy: Our brand thrives on social media. The ideal candidate should know platforms like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Youtube, Twitter, and Pinterest like the back of their hand. You'll create tons of content for these platforms, so knowing what resonates is a must, along with understanding aspect ratios nuances and providing optimized content for our ads team.
4. Photoshoot Eyes: While we have professional photographers and videographers, our graphic designer will work closely with the photography content. We need someone with an eye for photography who can provide insights, critique, and feedback when needed. This extends to assisting with collection shoots, managing styling, accessorizing, mood boarding, and model selection.
5. Goodwill: Are you loyal, excited to work with trailblazers, and have a good heart? None of the above strengths matter if you're not a genuinely good person. We value kindness above all else and cherish our family of amazing people who love what they do.
- Competency in all strengths listed above
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in at least one of the core competencies (or if you're a total hustler from the school of hard knocks, let us know)
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Must be able to work full-time at our Bluffdale office
- Designing graphics for social posts, website, emails, marketing campaigns, print, and stationery
- Writing fun and creative content that pairs with the graphics being created, including social media posts, newsletters, email campaigns, website content, product descriptions, etc.
- Providing creative direction and insights on photography, upcoming collections, product design, and more
- Free unlimited snacks and drinks
- Gym pass to Life Time Fitness
- Monthly Perk Day
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fun outings, sports events, and team-building activities
- Competitive pay and promotional opportunities
- Employee discount
- Free continuing education opportunities
- Based on experience
If you feel like we'd be a fantastic match, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to include your favorite color in hex code in your cover letter, letting us know you read to the bottom. We're excited to meet you!